Pieter Porters Decorations NV based in 2000 ANTWERP, Kipdorpvest 44, with company number 0460.105.840 ("we"/"us") is responsible for processing your personal data in connection with its activities.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about what personal data we process about you, the reasons why we process and share this data, how long we keep it and how you can exercise your rights.
Personal data that we collect and process
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary to conduct our business. In doing so, we process different categories of personal data, including:
- identification data (e.g. name, IP address, contact data)
- data relating to employment (e.g. job/position, name of employer);
- usernames, passwords and other possible login data (customer portal houseofporters.com);
- financial data (e.g. bank account details, data we receive from the credit insurer);
- data relating to your agreements with us and your use of our products and services (e.g. order history, quotations, (non) payments, complaints, etc.);
- data relating to your interactions with us via our website, meetings/phone calls, emails, etc.
The personal data that we use about you is usually data that you have provided to us directly or data that we have obtained from one of the following sources:
- our business customers and service providers (e.g. credit insurer);
- publications/databases made available by official bodies (e.g. Belgian Official Gazette);
- websites/social media pages containing information that you yourself have made public;
- third parties (e.g. address traders).
In some cases, we may also use information about you even though you do not have a direct relationship with us, for example, if a customer (e.g. your employer), a service provider or a commercial partner provides us with
provides us with information about you as his (legal) representative, shareholder, employee, etc.
For what purpose and on the basis of which basis do we process personal data?
We process your personal data:
- in order to enter into and perform contracts and, in the process, to provide you with information on our products and services, to help you and answer your questions, to evaluate whether we can offer you a product or service and under what conditions, and to provide products or services to you/our business customers of which you are an employee, for example;
- on the basis of our legitimate interest to operate our business freely and effectively, to improve our products and services and to defend our rights, including proof of transactions, management of ICT infrastructure and ICT security, conducting (e-mail) marketing campaigns for our products and services that may be of interest to you.
Consequences of not providing personal data
We will inform you in advance about cases in which you are obliged to provide personal data which must then be processed on the basis of:
- a legal or contractual obligation and/or;
- because this is a necessary condition for entering into an agreement.
In this case, you will also be informed of the consequences of your possible refusal to provide this personal data. As a general rule, if you refuse to provide certain personal data, we may attach to this the consequences that we deem appropriate.
How long we keep your personal data
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or longer if required to respond to legal claims.
For example, most personal data will be retained for the duration of the performance of the contract and for 10 years after the end of the contractual relationship.
Recipients of personal data
In order to fulfil the aforementioned purposes, we share your personal data with others.
This includes the following recipients:
- transport companies;
- (credit) insurers;
- Other commercial partners;
- other service providers we engage (e.g. suppliers of ICT services, marketing agencies, online (e-mail) marketing platforms such as MailChimp, etc.)
- financial and judicial authorities, as well as government agencies, upon their express request and to the extent permitted by law;
- certain regulated professions such as lawyers and bailiffs.
Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA")
In certain circumstances (e.g. in the context of organising and managing our (email) marketing campaigns), we use companies established outside the EEA.
In the case of international transfers to a country outside the EEA that the European Commission has recognised as having an adequate level of data protection, your personal data will be transferred on this basis.
For transfers to countries outside the EEA that are not recognised by the European Commission as having an adequate level of data protection, we will implement one of the following safeguards to ensure that your personal data is protected:
- standard data protection provisions, as approved by the European Commission;
- Binding Corporate Rules.
To receive a copy of these safeguards or for further details on where to find them, please write to us at the contact details provided in this Privacy Statement.
Your rights and how to exercise them
Pursuant to the AVG, and taking into account the purposes set out above, you have the right to
- access, where you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data and obtain a copy of such personal data;
- rectification, whereby if you believe that your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that such personal data be amended
- erasure, whereby you can request us to erase your personal data in a limited number of cases;
- restriction of processing, whereby you can ask us to temporarily stop processing your personal details;
- objection, whereby you may object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your specific situation, and whereby you have in any event an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing
- portability, whereby, to the extent applicable by law, you have the right to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us or, to the extent technically possible, to have them transferred to a third party.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, please send a request to us at:
- letter to PIETER PORTERS DECORATIONS NV, Kipdorpvest 44, 2000 ANTWERP;
- e-mail to email@example.com
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the contact details provided in this privacy statement.
It may be that, despite our careful approach, you have a complaint about the way we process your personal data and/or deal with your rights. You can then lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
In Belgium, the Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for the processing of personal data. The contact details of the Data Protection Authority can be found on the website www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.
This privacy statement was drawn up on 1 September 2019. We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement.
We therefore invite you to always consult the latest version of this privacy statement online. We will keep you informed of important changes via email or via our website